Thursday, January 10, 2013

If I Had Another Day to Live!




If I had another day to live
Could have seen the sun rising up, for one last time
Could have felt the rain, dripping over my face
Could have felt the wind, waving my hair

Trees all around me, dancing to the beat of my heart
Birds fly above me, singing for me to step in to the air
Could have listened well to the songs of nature
And never corrupt her knowing that is my future

Could have gone out and make some new friends
Meet some new people that I have never met
Learn new cultures, traditions and language
Could have found an ‘amigo’ instead of a friend

Say ‘Hello!’ to a stranger and wished him a good day
Smile at the person who I never looked in the face
I could have said sorry to the fat boy I always bully
To tell him I was wrong and that it’s not really funny

Could have gone for the prayers, with my family together
Sat and prayed for the people, who were gone forever
Could have gone to the grounds, with my friends together
Played and run around, had some fun together

Could have made some more time to spend with my grandpa
And let him know that there is someone to take care
And when at night, listen to the stories of my grandma
Make her laugh, make her happy and give her time to spare

Could have told my papa ‘I really don’t hate you’
Even though I left you, I am still your lovely child
Tell my mama, I always had her in my heart
Not even a single day have I wanted to be apart

Could have had time to tell how much I loved my brother
And let him know that I won’t be there to make some trouble
Tell my sister I always truly missed her
Tell that her it’s ok. She can always have my collection


I could have seen my babies smile
Together with their beautiful brown eyes
Could have spent one more time to hear their cries
Cuddle them up so that they can sleep fine

I could have told my lover, sweet little lies
Could have spent a night slowing down the time
Low lights and some wine, it’s all going to be fine
Pushing all the things aside, just you and me all night

If I had another day to live
I would not forget to love those who loved me
Never missed a moment of this wonderful time
I would save every second to keep me alive

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Sandun, great piece of work. Love this poem. Continue your work. Wish you all the best! my son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ammi :D Thanks for creating me a blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is this poet's last day to live? Unsolved Mystery!

    -Could have found an ‘amigo’ instead of a friend- NICE!

    Good Luck! and remember more editing is always better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aruni! Thanks for the comment. I wrote this poem on behalf of one of my friend's friend who has cancer. She has gone through chemotherapy three times but no use. Now she doesn't want to continue her treatments and she wants to leave this world instead. She is a mother of two children. So I have written this poem in her perspective because leaving this world wouldn't be that easy as we think. Thanks again for your comment... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heart touching. It is great . Keep it up.

    Please write another one to tell her
    '' Do not worry too much for things she couldn't do. Be happy with the thoughts of the little things that she has done '

    All the best for your blogging and ENJOY!!

    it is easy if you remove word verification

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment and the advise Bindi. What is word verification? How do I remove it?

      Delete