Friday, February 1, 2013

Papa! Papa!



Papa! Papa!
So many people are here but none of them are happy
Faces are so sad like someone has stolen their cookie
Everyone wears white but none of them are smiling
People are too busy with their work but you are not even moving

Papa! Papa!
Why my mom is crying? Why my sister is crying?
Why there are so many faces I haven’t ever seen for my life?
Why people mummers instead shout and laugh like they did yesterday?
Why don’t you talk to me papa? Why are you laying still?

Papa! Papa!
Look papa! Look! Your best friend is also here!
Tell those jokes, do that trick, you two always made me inspired
Today you both don’t smile, I don’t know why and no one tells me why
Look outside. It’s too dark. Come with me, I always sleep with you at night

Papa! Papa!
Now I know, I know why you are not talking to me papa!
I’ll be good, always tell the truth, I don’t ask for ice cream anymore
I don’t want that remote control car that I asked for my birthday papa!
I’ll promise, I’ll listen to you. Papa, just say a word to me to make me smile

Papa! Papa!
Mommy is lying. Mommy says that you won’t wake up again
Open your eyes. Raise your voice and tell her to never lie again
Don’t be so rude. You have never been rude. Why don’t you wake up and say
Say that you tricked me, say that you fooled me and never do that again

9 comments:

  1. Very heart touching poem Sandun. I like this very much. Continue your good work. All the best! Love, Ammi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visit here through a comment your mother has made on my blog.Poem is very touching and your writing style is interesting.Keep it up brother..and welcome to blogging-good luck on all your good works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to have you onboard sandun..
    I was following a link , which has made by ur mom..

    well hmmmmmm, yep its so interesting bro..
    keep bloging! wish u d best...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. heart touching poem bro...keep it up. all the best for your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm Touching!
    I have experienced the same 10 years ago.. I can feel each & every word written up there

    Followed a link sent by your Mother. Happy to see you are also very good in writing just like she do.

    Keep it up! Good Luck friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice poem bro at the time i'm just busy at the moment i'll come back later and read other post too Best of luck and welcome to blogging....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very heart touching. I can visualize the scene. Your words are highly emotional and I enjoyed the poem very much. Good luck with your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. කොහොම ගියත් ඇත්ත එලි වෙනවා නේද මගේ සුදු බබී? ඔච්චර විවෘත වෙන එකේ ඔයාගේ නීත්‍යානුකූල අවි වෙළදාම ශ්‍රී ලංකා යුධ හමුදාවට කරපු,එක පතුරමකින් හම්බුන ගාන , එක යුද්ධ ටැංකියකින් හම්බ කරපු ගාන,night club ගැන,TV channel එක , අර තානාපතිට කරපු දේ,ඔයාගේ නඩු අහපු ජජ් ල එක පාරට පවුල් පිටින් රට ගිය හැටි ඒ ගැනත් කියන්නකෝ.ආසයි දැනගන්න ඒවා ගැනත් සුදු බෝලයෝ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone for your comments and wishes... I really appreciate your comments and thoughts. Specially when it comes to poetry, I would like to know how others feel about the persona of the poem and the poem it self. Thanks again for your thoughts... :)

    PS: To Anonymous; Why are you hiding your self if you haven't done anything wrong? Can you explain what you have written here and are you speaking with taking responsible? Looking forward a reply from you.

    ReplyDelete